Various Types of Sugar
- Starch (from, for example bread, pasta, rice) consists of long chains of 100% glucose.
- Plain sugar contains exactly 50% fructose and 50% glucose, purified from sugar beets or sugarcanes.
- Honey has roughly the same sugar distribution as plain sugar
- High Fructose Corn Syrup, the cheap sugar from corn that is used in, for example, American sodas and candy, is around 55% fructose and 45% glucose.
- Agave nectar contains up to 90% fructose and the rest is glucose.
The higher the proportion of fructose is, the less sugar you have to eat before you get fat and diabetic.