Various Types of Sugar
- Starch (from, for example bread, pasta, rice) consists of long chains of 100% glucose.
- Plain sugar contains exactly 50% fructose and 50% glucose, purified from sugar beets or sugarcanes.
- Honey has roughly the same sugar distribution as plain sugar
- High Fructose Corn Syrup, the cheap sugar from corn that is used in, for example, American sodas and candy, is around 55% fructose and 45% glucose.
- Agave nectar contains up to 90% fructose and the rest is glucose.
The higher the proportion of fructose is, the less sugar you have to eat before you get fat and diabetic.
Video split into two parts.