Another good summary from someone who researched the real science including:
- how we've known what to eat and how to fix obesity for 150 years
- the science for and against and how the US and presumably the UK were misled
- a personal history of the lecturer's weight loss and blood lipids improvements
- the history of how we got here and the influence of food and drug companies
- how arteries really get blocked (last 5 minutes)
Can Eating Too Much Fat & Protein Actually Lead To Increased Fat Storage
Fatty acid metabolism. From Wikipedia.
It just works!
Low carb high fat is based on current medical science with hunter gatherer vs modern life as a supporting factor. Saturated fats are good.
Paleo aims to be based on actual hunter gatherer diet from archaeological data. No domestic animals -> no dairy. No agriculture -> no crops (wheat, rice, etc). Saturated fat was eaten only in seasons when hunted animals were fat themselves.