Cholesterol reduction (assumed to be a good thing) is indicated for secondary prevention, but no evidence that those without existing conditions would benefit from taking statins.
Another good summary from someone who researched the real science including:
- how we've known what to eat and how to fix obesity for 150 years
- the science for and against and how the US and presumably the UK were misled
- a personal history of the lecturer's weight loss and blood lipids improvements
- the history of how we got here and the influence of food and drug companies
- how arteries really get blocked (last 5 minutes)
Can Eating Too Much Fat & Protein Actually Lead To Increased Fat Storage
Fatty acid metabolism. From Wikipedia.
It's not rocket science!
1. Insulin suppresses fat burning (which you want) and triggers fat storage (which you don't want).
2. Carbohydrates and sugar trigger the production of insulin.
3. So stop eating carbohydrates and sugars!
After eating carbs you still feel hungry and want some more. Food companies know this. Their driver is profit not health.
There is no nutritional value in carbs. They are not an essential nutrient (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Essential_nutrient) and the body will survive without them.