Cholesterol reduction (assumed to be a good thing) is indicated for secondary prevention, but no evidence that those without existing conditions would benefit from taking statins.
Another good summary from someone who researched the real science including:
- how we've known what to eat and how to fix obesity for 150 years
- the science for and against and how the US and presumably the UK were misled
- a personal history of the lecturer's weight loss and blood lipids improvements
- the history of how we got here and the influence of food and drug companies
- how arteries really get blocked (last 5 minutes)
In particular Table 13 and compare with these two lists from the CVD risk chart
Use the low risk charts in
Andorra, Austria, Belgium*, Cyprus, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece*, Iceland, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Luxembourg, Malta, Monaco, The Netherlands*, Norway, Portugal, San Marino, Slovenia, Spain*, Sweden*, Switzerland and the United Kingdom.
Use the high risk charts in other European countries.
Of these, some are at very high risk and the charts may underestimate risk in these. These include
Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Bulgaria, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Latvia, Lithuania, Macedonia FYR, Moldova, Russia, Ukraine and Uzbekistan.
Can Eating Too Much Fat & Protein Actually Lead To Increased Fat Storage
Fatty acid metabolism. From Wikipedia.